FINACC 3X – GENERAL AND DISTINCTIVE FINANCIAL REPORTING (FAC3761)
We cover the full syllabus for FAC3761 (the year-long module combining FAC3701 and FAC3702) with video lectures, explaining everything you need to know about FAC3761. We explain the syllabus simply, so you’ll be able to apply it to any situation. Our classroom is set up in the same order as your study guide, making it easy to work through the whole syllabus. Our exam course videos walk you through two past exams, showing you how to read, plan and answer your questions. Your lecturer will be available to answer your queries, motivate you, and check up on you throughout your semester.
SIGN UP FOR OUR FREE DEMO COURSES
If you would like to see a sample of this or any other BCom(pt) or Advanced Diploma course for free, you can sign up here for unlimited access.
WHY STUDY FINACC 3X (FAC3761) THROUGH US?
ABOUT THE COURSE
FAC3761 starts with deferred tax. This is a section that students often struggle with, and it applies to most of your Financial Accounting studies and topics, so it becomes assumed knowledge in your modules going forward. You really need to understand it here, because you won’t have time to re-learn it in the rest of your modules!
This module is the start of your direct dealings with IFRS. Your chapters here relate to specific IFRS standards, so we’ll be teaching you how they’re structured, and how they work.
The second half is largely about assets. There is more than one IFRS relating to different types of assets: property, plant and equipment; intangible assets; property bought for investment; assets that have been discontinued and will be sold; and financial instruments. These make up a big part of the course - how to bring them on the books, calculate their values, and present them on the financial statements are the main things you’ll learn here.
The exam course videos will go through past questions and show you the process to follow to answer the questions, and teach you the exam technique you need.
Your lecturer will keep an eye on you throughout the semester, motivate you, push you, and answer any questions you have about the module.
ABOUT YOUR FACULTY
Click on the images to find out more.
- Income taxes (IAS 12 and FRG1)
- Accounting policies, changes in accounting estimates and errors
- The conceptual framework for financial reporting 2018
- Preface to international financial reporting standards
- Presentation of Financial Statements (IAS 1)
- Events after the reporting period (IAS 10)
- Provisions, contingent liabilities and contingent assets (IAS 37)
- Fair value measurement (IFRS 13)
- Revenue from contracts with customers (IFRS 15)
- Property, plant and equipment (IAS 16)
- Investment property (IAS 40)
- Intangible assets (IAS 38)
- Impairment of assets (IAS 36)
- Non-Current assets held for sale (IFRS 5)
- The effects of changes in foreign exchange rates (IAS 21)