Support for CTA Tax
“There are two things in life that are certain - death and taxes.” (Benjamin Franklin, 1789)
Although most people aren’t excited about paying Tax, we believe that it's one of the most interesting, rewarding and practical subjects to study! To be able to calculate your own taxes (and charge everyone who asks you for help!), and for any company you work for, is a real-life skill you’ll thank us for!
Our lecturers and presenters have lectured Tax for more than 20 years. They’ve worked to develop the most effective approaches that have consistently achieved some of the best results in their students’ careers. We’re convinced that their passion for teaching will inspire you to enjoy and excel at Tax.
- Understanding, rather than memorising theory: We explain WHY the specific section/s appear in the Tax Acts. This will save you a lot of time going forward, and we know that every second is worth gold in your CTA year! (Remember that you’ll have all the ‘theory’ in your open books anyway, so your application is going to be examined, not your memory!)
- How to use your open books right from the start: We guide you through how to prepare YOUR COPY of the Tax Act that YOU ARE ALLOWED TO TAKE INTO THE EXAMS! (and into the final ITC exam!). We call this your personal Weapon of Mass Mark Accumulation (WOMMA) – need we say more?
- Questions and exam technique: Once we are all comfortable with the relevant sections of the Tax Act (as explained in each video), we move into the application of this knowledge – generally by using a basic example and/or examples that appear in the study guides.
- Discussion forums: Your lecturer is available all year on our discussion forums to answer your queries, motivate you, and yes, to TAX YOU! (excuse the pun!) by checking up on your progress and lending a helping hand when needed!
We want you to have a great foundation for your future studies, and help you develop a lifelong knowledge of working with tax. Remember, the Tax Act is updated continuously, so your CTA knowledge won’t last you forever! You’ll need to learn how to make sense of the changes as they happen in the future.
Note that we also have CTA Bundles which include this subject. If you are considering getting support in multiple subjects a bundle could save you money. See here for more information.
Online Videos & Notes
Our lecturers are great at simplifying concepts, with our videos explaining your work with the focus on your exam outcomes, and walking you through your exam technique. Our lecturers have lectured Tax at CTA level for decades, so they’re perfectly placed to help you get through CTA successfully.
We realise that students struggle with some topics from their undergraduate studies (like Risk assessment and Audit Planning!), so we’ve added revision content as well. The beauty is that you get to control what you revise, and what you don’t. You can go back if you need to, or stick to the CTA content if that’s all you need.
Test & Exam Technique Videos
We also walk you through how to do exam-type questions and past papers. Our videos will help you with your communication skills and planning of answers, to ensure you’re totally prepared for your tests and exams.
Our lecturers are available on our discussion forums to answer your queries and motivate you, and yes check up on you too!
We’ll show you how to tag, highlight and use the Income Tax Act and VAT Act to score marks in the exams. This is a great skill, and for Tax, real marks are hiding in the sections of the Acts. We’re going to show you how to get them!
What is included in our CTA courses?
- CTA Level 1 Exam Revision BundleR4,500.00
- CTA Level 2 Exam Revision BundleR4,500.00
- CTA Level 2 Bundle - 2023Special Price R8,970.00 Regular Price R14,950.00
- CTA Level 1 Bundle - 2023Special Price R8,970.00 Regular Price R14,950.00
- CTA Tax Lv1 - Advanced Taxation (TAX4861)Special Price R2,670.00 Regular Price R4,400.00
- CTA Tax Lv2 - Applied Taxation (TAX4862)Special Price R2,670.00 Regular Price R4,400.00